News & Announcements
District News & Announcements
Congratulations to Thomas Eitniear for being selected to participate in the baseball All-Star game at Comerica Park! Click HERE for full press release.
The 2018 Whiteford Girls Basketball Camp will be held for for student entering into grades 3-9 for the 2018-2019 school year as follows:
- June 18, 2018: 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- June 19, 2018: 4:00 - 6:00 PM
- June 20, 2018: 3:00 - 5:00 PM
The cost is $50.00 ($10.00 sibling discount) and the deadline to register is June 1st to guarantee a t-shirt. Click HERE for registration form.
Final exams are scheduled as follows (pending no weather delays/closings):
- Seniors: May 23-25, 2018
- Grades 6-11: June 6-8, 2018
See schedule for specific details.
The end of the school year brings excitement and stress for both teachers and students. With summer approaching everyone is understandably ready for a break, but there is still learning, tests and events left on the schedule.
To help reduce stress it’s important to think ahead and plan for the upcoming day or week. Here are a few ideas to help make the school year end without too much of a headache.
- If an upcoming situation is making you fret, visualize success. Stress isn’t so much about your situation as how you perceive it.
- The more a person exercises, the more capable they are capable of handling emotional distress. That’s because working out is a bona fide mood booster and self-esteem builder. You will lower your stress levels. Then you can better cope with getting your to-do list done.
- Changing your mindset toward stress isn’t positive thinking mumbo-jumbo where you have to pretend everything is wonderful: it’s about letting go of destructive and inaccurate thought patterns so you can regain a healthier, more accurate perception of reality.
The 2018 Whiteford Football Camps for student-athletes entering into grades 1-12 for the 2018-2019 school year will be held as follows:
Funding is available through Michigan Works! for any 18 year old who is not currently enrolled in college to receive free tuition - that is a $4,174 value!! See flyer for program sessions. Interested students should contact Barry Kinsey, MCCC Director of Workforce Development at (734) 384-4124 for more information. Note: If a student is already registered for the Fall Semester, they can be dropped so that they would be eligible.
The Senior Class - the Class of 2018 - would like to invite parents, relatives, friends and staff to Senior Sunday, which will be held on May 20th at 3:00 PM in the high school gym. Attire is tastefully casual. Parents should review the parent letter for additional information.
Looking for the perfect Mother's Day gift? The Whiteford FFA Greenhouse will open for the season on Tuesday, May 8th and will stay open until Sunday, June 3rd. The greenhouse offers a great selection of annual flowers, vegetables and some perennials. Plants are sold in a wide variety of hanging baskets, flats and patio planters, including homemade planter boxes. Hours for the greenhouse are as follows:
- Weekdays: 9 AM – 6 PM
- Weekends: 9 AM – 3 PM
- Mother's Day: 9 AM - 3 PM
- Memorial Day: 9 AM – 3 PM
Sign-ups for WYFL football and cheer will be held from 3:00-5:00 PM on May 14, 2018 in the elementary cafeteria.
This one-of-a-kind program offers high school students, in teams of two, to be matched with a faculty mentor and research undergraduate student to work on a research project in either biology, chemistry or physics. The program runs from June 25 - July 16, 2018 at the Mark Jefferson Science Complex on EMU's campus. Cost of the three-week program is $1,600; scholarships are available for students who qualify. Click HERE for additional information.