How is the District spending the 2016 - 2019 Sinking Fund levy?
During the summer of 2016, the district completed some major renovations through the use of the Sinking Fund. Those renovations include football stadium lighting and work on the MS/HS boiler system. All of the boiler pipes in the MS/HS were replaced with new piping. A new ventilation system was also put in.
The District Improvement Team and the Sinking Fund Committee have targeted the following projects for the next two years: Leach field repairs, MS gym upgrades, locker room updates, energy management system, and replacing the HS gym floor. The current sinking fund is for four years. Future projects during those four years will also include a new elementary playground, new HS gym bleachers, MS/HS tile floor replacement and updates to the band room and stage.
How did the District spend the 2012 - 2015 Sinking Fund levy?
The district made repairs and replacements to both buildings over the last few years using the money raised by the 2012 - 2015 sinking fund. Some of the improvements completed include:
- Window and egress door replacement in Elementary School classrooms
- Replacement of original 1967 boiler in the Elementary School with a new more energy efficient model
- Classroom lighting updates at Elementary School
- New carpet in all classrooms (Elementary and Middle/High School buildings)
- Upcoming: Replacement of boiler pipes leading to the MS/HS boiler that corroded and need replacement, including adding necessary shut off valves